I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Cards

Good morning!  Today I have a trio of fall-themed cards using the new Basic Grey Persimmon.

For the first, I used a sheet from the Basic Grey Persimmon 6x6 Paper Pad. I chalked the edges and added a sticker. I used a piece from the Basic Grey Persimmon Die Cuts and Transparencies pack for my sentiment, and finished it off with a couple of houses from my Prima Wood Icons Sampler and Jenni Bowlin Vintage Feather Tags.

My next card uses several scraps from the 6x6 Paper Pad, some old bling and letters from my stash, another piece from the Die Cuts & Transparencies pack, and a heart from Fancy Pants Cork Shapes, Hearts and Stars (there are also arrows!).

Finally, I made a cute thank you card, using another sheet of the Persimmon 6x6 paper and some Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I chalked the edges of the wooden Studio Calico Wood Veneers -- Triangles and added a Maya Road flower from my stash.

Thanks for looking, and I'll see you soon!

No comments: