I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

All Partied Out

  I hope this post finds you all recovering nicely from a wonderful Christmas, and ready to rock 2014!

I have a simple layout to share with you today, full of paper and embellishments from my Flamingo Scraps Combination Warehouse Box. Did you know that these boxes contain paper and embellishments valued at $150 or more AND are currently on sale for $45 EACH? These medium flat rate boxes are stuffed to the gills and full of all kinds of amazing stuff!

I worked with my staple techniques--a bit of misting & dripping on the background paper (all Pink Paislee, Remarkable), inking the edges of some of the papers, a bit of chalk ink on the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements, some fussy cutting, and lots of layering.
To top it off, I added a couple of Fancy Pants Cork Shapes and doodled around the border.
Thanks for looking, and I wish you all a wonderful and SAFE New Year's Celebration!

1 comment:

MindyRadio said...

Great LO and such a sweet picture.