I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

National Scrapbook Day!

It's been a terribly busy week. Yeesh; we had a slow leak from cracked sodder in the soffet above our fireplace. Thankfully, our home warranty covered the plumber, and is going to repair the hole in the drywall. I've been sneaking in some scrapbooking time, though. Last Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day! I made this for Twisted Sketches #150: twist Flowers! Any way, any how!
This is a mish mash of old and new; lots of goodies from my Scarlet Lime kits and some goodies from my stash. I've been holding onto those bunnies for years! This nest one was done for the sketch challenge at scrapbook.com, hosted on NSD. I didn't get it done in time to enter, but I still love it!
Again, almost all Scarlet Lime. Totally my go-to; with the limited scrap time I have, it's so nice to be able to reach into a bag and find delicious goodies that all coordinate! Until next time, scrappy buddies!

No comments: