I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

a bit of baby love

I've been busy scrapping my Ellie belly :)

This uses the February 2010 Commit2Paper kit, which you can find here. I love these Little Yellow Bicycle papers and embellishments. This is based on a PageMaps sketch. I love a naked baby!

This is mostly all Prima; I added some Bazzill chipboard, Tsukineko ink and a piece of vintage lace from my stash (I inherited a couple of boxes full of vintage trims from my husband's grandmother when she gave up her sewing supplies!) I attached the lace with a few cross stitches. The chipboard was painted with luminous pigment powder mixed with Diamond Glaze, on top of a coat of acrylic paint. All her little parts are so sweet :)

This is the Crate Paper Katlin collection and another PageMaps sketch. I love Thickers in general, but these puffy glitter Thickers are beyond fabulous! At 10 days old, I was already amazed at how many expressions my little bean has.

I love Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock! The papers here are from a Sandylion Disney Princess paper pack; the flowers were cut from a sheet of patterned paper. Evie loves being a big sister so far and wants to hold Ellie all the time. She got the biggest kick out of taking these photos :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Genie these are all amazing!I love the shabby chic vintage look, its one I can never do! Fantastic work on all of them! Its amazing how much the baby resembles your daughter already in the sweet baby face layout!

Amanda Sevall said...

Your girls are adorable!! And your layouts are gorgeous!! I don't stand a chance this year in scrapthatlon ;)

Darlene S. said...

Oh! These are lovely! :D Must follow your blog now. :)

Unknown said...

Awww, these pages are precious! Wonderful job & have a Happy Mother's Day! : ]