I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

everyone needs a good challenge every now and then :)

hello my friends!
i just wanted to remind you that the month is halfway over! don't worry, you still have time for Groovy Deborah's out of the box challenges!
did you know that the month of june is national salad month? yup, you heard me right. it's time to celebrate salad! whether you love it or hate it (or just wanna use those yummy salad colors), let's see what you've got! here's my take on the challenge:

cruise on over to check out the other Groovy Chicks' challenge layouts. give me your salad story; link your entry back to me by 5/28 and i'll send you a RAK just for playing along :)
this layout was made with the may commit2paper kit; check out the rest of the Inspiration Squad layouts here and get yourself a kit before they're gone. :)

also, don't forget to check out Deb's Groovy Green Goddess Challenge while you're looking around If It's Groovy.

cheers!

No comments: