I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin.
I am a scrapbooker.
I have always been artistic, it just took me a while to find my outlet. I sew, needlepoint, and draw. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I have dabbled in scrapbooking since high school by adding memorabilia to my pictures, but something was still missing.
I found modern scrapbooking after our first daughter was born and I have not looked back. I really do hope that someday, my children look at my scrapbooks and really get who I am and how much I love them. Within the last few years, I've been introduced to mixed media and well, the world will never be the same.
My husband of 12 years and I have two sweet little girls, aged 9 and 3. They are funny, sassy, sometimes naughty, silly, gorgeous, loving, bright, often cheerful, diva-esque little princesses, and they are the lights of my life. I am lucky to be married to my best friend; I swear, I love him more every day. In real life, I am a portrait and wedding photographer, but my true loves are all at home. :)
All materials copyright Genie Smith. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i just thought you should know that we had marmalized pork chops last night. apparently, this is the kind of dish you get when you apply orange marmalade to said pork chops. evie proudly told me that her and daddy are "gonna marmalize that porkie!" and had to show me her prized jar of orange marmalade that they had to go to the store to purchase to effect said marmalization.
i love that she's taken an interest in cooking--it's so much easier to get a 5 year old to actually eat her dinner when she's helped to make it. amazing.
the amount of talking she can produce is truly astounding. non stop. if she's not talking, she's singing. she sings while she goes potty. she sings while she gets dressed. she sings to her babies. it takes her an hour to eat her dinner because there has to be some sort of comment interjected between bites.
she loves infomercials. she tried to bargain with me at michael's last week. "mama, if i don't buy this yo yo ball and this sword, will you buy me this mighty putty?" she can quote them. aqua globes are still her favorite, although she loves mighty putty, the slider station, and sham WOW.
a new scrapbook layout: (yes, that's pretty much all i do in my spare time)

this was for a challenge on scrapbook.com i'm participating in, a 10 week extravaganza called the scraptathlon. week 2's challenge was to create a layout about your breakfast: routine, ritual (or lack thereof) or must have food. i've been wanting to do this layout for a while--i so appreciate all the little things andy does for me. you're a good man, charlie brown. ;)

No comments: